Funny thing about hugs, I've actually become a lot more used to hugging people here in the mission. We are actually allowed to hug girls here. Who knew, right? Just kidding, but the typical Mexican "saludo" or salute, or greeting, or handshake, I'm not sure how it ought to be called in English, is a handshake, a hug, and another handshake. I can't really describe it fully, so I will just have to show you when I get home, because there are different variations. But basically, I have been hugging ever male missionary for the last 17 months, and most of the members that we are close to, too. Also, the women are accustomed to saluting with a kiss on the cheek, and the sister missionaries all have to learn that. We just have to learn to avoid the occasional attempt. But, I think I have pictures for you, so I'm going to attempt to send those!
I think I just sent a video of when we rode bikes. I took a picture of my companion and me, but I couldn't find it, so I will keep looking in just a second. But I just wanted to tell you that this week was kind of lame and kind of awesome. A little lame, because nobody was ever home, and we just walked around trying to visit people that we could never find. It actually got to the point that we would just laugh about it, because we knew it was going to happen, but that isn't the point. Because that mainly only happened with the investigators, and the member that was going to feed us on Tuesday, but she had some frozen hamburger patties to give us and we ate well. But the less active people were just about always there, and this week we got two less active families to go to church, and not the "they go every once in a while" less actives, but the "which ward are you guys from?" or "Elder, are those your new investigators?" kind of less actives. So that was super cool, and it made me happy. It is because I have an awesome magic trick that makes people go to church. I'm going to show it to you guys someday. It may be one of the first things I show you getting home
This is of the rain in Hidalgo.
And this is Elder M trying to eat a cookie from off his face in less than a minute. He failed. I did it though, Sorry no video of that one. (I loved listening to Mason speak Spanish in this one.)
Wow!!!! I am so excited to go home and do all of those things. Laundry is so much better in the US. Even with a washing machine here, it is a lot harder than American washing. And swimming sounds absolutely amazing. and Netflix, too.
But I will record something for you for the next week. If you like that. Here I found another video. This is from a missionary homecoming about a year ago.
And Maddie did not send me an email, so you should punish her and make her do lots of hard things that she doesn't want to do. Just kidding, but really I'm going to yell at her. Not really.
Funny story, but one time DJ ran into some of the sister missionaries and said that I should get married to one of them, a gringa, I shan't tell you who, because the walls have ears (just kidding), but he said that we should get married, and it was funny, but the sister missionaries hated him.
Okay, well I love you all, a lot and next week I will send you little video dairy that is supposed to be like a journal, but I might of wrote things like milk and yogurt and all that, but I will send you things next week and it'll be super sweet, or super father as they say here, seriously they say "es bien padre," it "is very father." Who knows why? But I will talk to you later. BYE!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment