Monterrey

Monterrey

Saturday, September 13, 2014

I Didn't Want Them To Think I Was A Mason!- San Bernabe Uno- Week 11

HI FAMILY!!! Thank you for the Lily baptism pictures. Those are cool, and I'm glad you had an awesome church service. We had the greatest testimony meeting ever this Sunday. Normally, the testimony meetings leave me thinking, "Why do we just let all these crazy people get up and talk about their lives?" But this testimony meeting was extremely uplifting and very cool. The highlight was probably when an investigadora of Elder Clayton got up and bore her testimony. Her dad was baptised about a month ago, and he died last Monday. So it was a very sad week for Elder Clayton and all the family of the convert, but as a result, the daughter of the convert, 20 year old K wants to get baptised, and shared a very powerful testimony of the church. She said that the first time she ever went to church here with her dad, it was a testimony meeting, and she saw all the people pass and say that they knew the church was true, but she just thought that it was something that everybody said. And she said that now she knew what it meant, and she knew that the church was true. I can't really describe it, because I'm super tired, but trust me. If I have ever heard anybody speak by the power of the Holy Ghost, it was her in that moment. I have been reading the institute manual about church history lately, and I felt like I was in one of those early meetings, where the people saw visions and profisied and the spirit was made manifest in powerful ways. It was awesome. I bet it was awesome like your guys's. But that is the pretty big news. There is other news too, like less actives going to church and maybe this whole DJ thing will come to an end this week, but I went to bed at 1 last night and woke up at 4 to go to the temple, and I'm pretty sure that the only thing keeping me going right now is the liter of coke I drank a little while ago. (Is there a new kind of coke there that has a green label that is called "coke life." It doesn't really taste that great, but I drink it every once in a while. And are there bottles of coke with peoples names on them? If so, I want one that says Mason, because here, Mason is just a secret society and not a name, so I have to be Lane, especially when these gringo Jehovas Witnesses talked to us today. We were in the macroplaza, and we walked by the normal TJ (Testigo de Jehova) spot, and we said "buenas tardes" with the biggest smiles ever, and I was so surprised that they answered in English. We were just walking by, and I had actually passed them by the time I realized what had happened, but I turned back and asked them why they knew English so well, because they didn't yell the normal English phrases I hear like, "hello, my friend" or various strings of profanities that they learned on video games. There was an elderly black man who said, "Hello, gentleman," so we talked to them a little while and they were pretty cool. Which is weird, because most Testigos here are weird, and it's hard to get them to even shake your hand. But they were cool, and at the end they asked our names, and we told them we were Elder Parkes and Elder Rincon, but they wanted to know our first names, too, So we told them we were Micheal and Lane, because I didn't want them to think I was a Mason. So, I'm not really sure what's up with that. But it isn't a lie, because my name is Mason Lane Parkes Brown in the Mexican style, and most Mexican people just pick the first name that they like more. And it isn't uncommon to have their family call them one, and they introduce themselves as the other. It is weird, but its Mexico, so whatcha gunna do? Also, sorry I haven't taken pictures. Confession; I lost my camera charger a while ago, but I just bought a new one today, and I will get right on the pixs, OK? Bueno, pues, that is all I have for you and a little more. Now we are gunna go see if my compa can buy some shirts and then we are going to try to get some missionary work done. Woohooo! I hope you all have a great safe week. Love you alllllll BYE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment