Monterrey

Monterrey

Monday, July 28, 2014

San Bernabe Uno- Week 5

Yes, that song (In The Hollow of Thy Hand) exists in Spanish, too, and there was a crazy lady in La Fama that had 2 missionary sons who would always listen to that song and cry in front of us when we went over. Oh, and yes Elder C is in my same ward. Sorry, I forgot that you knew him through his blog. But, I have been getting your hints at picture sending for the last few weeks, so here some go!

These are called Tacos de Trompo, They are very delicious. The meat is carne de trompo or carne al pastor. It is pork meat that is tinted red. And then there is onion and cilantro and a green salsa. Yep, I eat everything now. I ate liver once!


This is us on the bus early one morning going to the temple.

My companion and I ordered pizzas. That is my companion, Elder Sevilla, and he really does flex his arms like that all the time. Just kidding. I didn't realize that he was doing that in the picture before. This is our house. The house has 2 stories, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms- pretty big for a missionary house. There are a lot of people with air conditioning, but we aren't among them.

OK, so I'm glad that you guys are having a good week and that girls camp was good. I haven't gotten the package yet. If it is there in the offices, it could be a good 4 weeks until I get it. They only bring that stuff out during interviews or zone conferences. Or if I go to the offices. But when I receive the package, I will tell you about it. 
So, I think I will tell you more about D.J.. Christian people are the hardest to teach, because Catholics just say they are Catholic, but don't always actually know about their church. Jehovah's witnesses, which there are a lot of, just tell you they are TJs and (testigos de Jehova), then you can just say, oh cool, and you just move on, because they are too firmly entrenched to be moved. Los cristianos are the toughest, because they know a lot of things. They talk about the Bible and about how God is love, and we are saved purely by the saving grace of Christ, because we are worms and unworthy of life. That was what we realized yesterday talking to D.J. and his sisters that came to visit him from San Luis Potosi. He also said that if somebody comes into his house and starts beating up his family and robbing him, he knows that that is the will of the Lord and that he is not going to fight the guy off, because Jesus didn't stop the people from crucifying Him. It was one of the most ridiculous thing that I have ever been apart of. So, talking to him, I always am more and more grateful for the greater understanding of the gospel that we have that so many people don't have. We know that everything makes sense and there are answers. We are never just left with "we are worms and cant understand what God does." (By the way, it was David, clearly the greatest and most reliable of all prophets, who said that we are worms.) For example, I am right now listening to a Bruce R McConkie talk. D.J. always says that we have "a very advanced doctrine," like we have people in a lab somewhere. But ya, D.J. is a cool guy, and sometimes he is the best, but sometimes he likes to play and decides that he wants to fight with us. So, we will see how that all works out, because all the other investigators have a lot of opposition, and we are going to see if they can get over it. I thank you guys for your prayers, and I hope that you all have a good week. I love you all!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment