Monterrey

Monterrey

Monday, August 4, 2014

The Church is Awesome- San Bernabe Uno- Week 6

So, I'll start talking about horchata since you asked about that. It is a very good beverage that comes from rice. And while I've only dranken horchata flavored kool-aid style stuff, I've heard that the real stuff is amazing and fills you up. But I like what I've had. Also it is weird that you and Grandma and Grandpa Brown both sent me quotes from emails that I wrote, and I was like, "Wow, that is cool. I can't believe I said that."
Mmmmm... lets see. This week was cool. We found a pretty cool young family, T y C and their 3 year old son Keane. We were looking for less active members from ward lists, and they live where some members used to live. We knocked on the door/gate things, and then T came out and told us that she was pentecostes church person, but she listened to all sorts of people, and later we talked to C, and he was super cool, too. He was catholic, but then read the Bible and realized that idol worship was bad, and he doesn't really like the pentecostes church, (I honestly don't remember how that church is called in English) because he doesn't think the people receive the Holy Ghost in that way.... So in what we have talked with them, he has said he feels a lot like Joseph Smith. So ya, they are super cool, but we will have to see how it all works out, because they like to go to nightclubs with their friends and play grand theft auto V, and their kid is named after a band, and C has a really cool looking little beard, and they are just these cool 24-23 year olds, so we will see how it all works out.
But I've been thinking about Joseph Smith a lot lately. We got our hands on a talk called the "King Follet Sermon" which he gave about 2 months before he died. It is super awesome and explains most of the concepts we already have heard about the nature of God and stuff like that. But the way that he talks is super awesome. He talks with a lot of power. Normally, and my companion was commenting this, we think of Joseph Smith as the confused 14 year old boy that saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. But we don't think as much about the more developed prophet that studied the Bible in 5 languages and spoke powerfully, condemning the unbelievers and the proud that rejected restored truths. Last Monday I was listening to a talk about Joseph Smith as the prophet of the Restoration. It talks about the importance he has in this dispensation. He was among the noblest of spirits that has been born on this earth. The speaker, Bruce R McConkie, mentions Christ, Adam and Noah as the first 3. Later come the heads of dispensations Moses, Abraham, Enoch, etc.. So Joseph Smith is among the top 10 or 20, and the most noble in this dispensation. So I figure we ought to study him more. It might not be a talk for everybody, but it is cool, and it was published in a church magazine in the 70s.
The Church is awesome. It is super cool that we can learn so much. We have changes tomorrow, and I'll probably be getting a new companion, or I might leave, who knows. I love you all and hope you have a good week. Bye!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment