This week I asked Mason some questions at the end of my letter, and he began his letter by answering them.
Where do you get your haircut? With la Hermana Eloisa
Are you still doing your own laundry? Yes
Are you going to need new shoes? Make sure to send me a picture of you shoes as soon as you think that you need new ones, as they will take a few months to get to you. No, my shoes are the best, I knew picking the ugliest ones would be the best strategy.
What has surprised you (good or bad) about your mission? Maybe I will try to get back to this surprise one later.
How is your favorite way to approach someone and introduce yourself? The best way, and the only way I really like is doing service. Apart from that, I'm still partially overcoming the barrier. But when we serve people, they are way more open to listen to you. Apart from that, I just do the normal, "Hi, were missionaries" thing, but I don't really have any creative ways to do it.
Who is your favorite character in the scriptures? Favorite character....... I don't know that is really hard. I really like Peter. Peter was super cool, and he made plenty of mistakes in the scriptures, and we can see his growth, but we can also see that he always had an intense love for the Lord. I also find David from the Old Testament pretty interesting, and I like reading about him. So maybe those guys, but I also like plenty of other people.
What is your favorite quality that your companion has? I really like the way he talks to people. He is good at talking to people and having conversations and stuff like that. And I like that, because he will do that and he likes to get contacts started, or he can take care of small talk and stuff like that, and he uses a lot of examples to explain teaching and stuff like that. He does a lot of the things I don't do well, and I do well a lot of the things he doesn't do well. So we work together well, and we carry ourselves well, or we get along together. I don't know if that first one works in English, but that is how it is said in Spanish.
What was the highlight of the past week? What was the most difficult thing that happened or moment that you had? And the highlight of this week........... I don't know, we have a less active kid named U who is 22. This weekend he broke up with his girlfriend, and he normally doesn't even talk to us, but these last few days he has been talking to us a lot and says he wants to come back to church and go on a mission and all of that stuff. So that has been a highlight.
Difficult thing was that F and N didn't go to church yesterday, so that was pretty rough, but they are more excited about getting baptized and married, and we have the branches monetary support that we are going to need, so that should all work out well. But I'm just venting a little bit, because today they were falling fat with me. That is another Spanish-ism.
I've been speaking a lot of Spanglish recently. I have been decreasing in my ability to speak English well, so that will be something to worry about in a little over a year from now. (I have to edit the letters more and more each week to make them make sense, so it is true that his English is decreasing right now.)
Well I've already told you about the important things this week. F and N are cool, and I'm sure that will all work out well. We will see what happens about U, and we also found a guy this week that was going to be baptized almost 2 years ago, but couldn't because he was on probation I think it is in English. It is called libertad condicional aqui, so we are going to see what's up with him this week.
And Now I just remembered about the surprise question, and I think the thing that surprises me most is how much I have grown to care about people. Before the mission I was pretty apathetic towards most people. But now I have grown to care about these people so much that we can come to suffer when they don't do the things we know they should do. Go to church. Live the law of chastity. Stuff like that. It's hard, because we can see the things that they need to do, and we love them, and we work so hard to get them to do what they need to do. And sometimes they just don't accept it. So I think that is something that has really surprised me- how much I care about people. Like I cant just wash my hands of them when they don't do what I tell them. So I hope those are some answers that satisfy your questions for this week. I love all of you and will see you next week. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) jajajaajajajajajjajajaja!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment