Monterrey

Monterrey

Monday, March 31, 2014

Enlightening and Humbling- Estanzuela- Week 24

Answers to your questions: yes (Do you write to your mission president each week?), sometimes (Does he write to you?), yes (Is that part of your hour on the computer?), how I'm feeling, any questions I have, a lot of things (What do you write to him about?), I do and he is really happy (Do you know Elder C?). And speaking of How I Met Your Mother, one of the members in my branch who served his mission in Chicago tried to tell me about it, but later told me that I was just going to have to buy all of it when I went home, because it was awesome.
Well, I don't really know what to write. It's the same as it always is before changes, because I am more worried about where I will be tomorrow at this time. Well, I am also excited for watching General Conference with you guys next year. Did you know that Conference is a really big way to measure time in the mission, and after these conferences, I will have watched 3 of the 4 I'm going to watch out here. But anyway, I thought of something to write to you.
This Sunday, we went to church, and none of the people we were working with showed up. So we were kind of bummed out in sacrament meeting, watching the weird young women program with the 3 young women in the branch, and then this family shows up. A guy and his wife and their 7 year old son. And they sit down, and nobody knows who they are, and afterwards we go and talk to them. It turns out they were some former investigators from years ago that just decided to come to church this Sunday. The dad is a pretty heavy drinker, but hasn't drunk in the last 3 weeks, and the mom said she goes to the Jehovah's Witnesses every once in a while, and I guess the kid is pretty smart and asks a lot of questions, and they just showed up out of the blue. So I was thinking about that. And how weird it is that we work super hard to get people to church all week, and they don't go, but these people just showed up. It is something that has helped me see the Lord`s hand in missionary work. People talk about that a lot, but it has been a while since I really thought about it. We, as missionaries, sometimes try to do everything. We put all of our trust in ourselves and figure that we can get it done. So, that doesn't really work, and this Sunday was an enlightening and slightly humbling moment in which I could see the importance of relying on the Lord, and seeing that the Lord can get people to church with absolutely no interaction on our part. So I still don't know these people well, and I will get to know them tomorrow if I stick around, but that's a little bit of a long shot. So that is just a little story I wanted to share with you. And now I really am out of things to write about. But next week I will write you all about my new area and General Conference and my new companion, all of that good stuff. Oh, and I liked your story about your borrachas and lesbian. (Borracho means drunk, or when used as a noun, as in this case, it means a drunk guy, but I like the way is sounds in Spanish, so I wrote borrachas in place of drunk ladies or alcoholics, or I'm not even sure that would be a good title for them.) So, I will see you later family. Have fun and watch conference, and I will try not to pass out this time, because I'm still not really sure what they talked about last conference, I love you allllllllllllll byeyeeyeyeyeyeyeyeyey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment