Monterrey

Monterrey

Monday, March 10, 2014

Slang Words- Estanzuela- Week 21

First, before i forget, I did get a package that you sent in January. It had a watch in it. I have a watch again now, and I'm a real missionary again. Just kidding, but it is a lot easier to have a watch, than pull out the cell phone and look at it. And I'm sure the February one will get here soon. And also, it is a tradition to burn a shirt here at the year mark, but I didn't burn a tie at the 6 month mark, so I probably won't burn a shirt either. And speaking of my Spanish, this week I have felt pretty good about it. We did divisions, and a guy in another ward told me I spoke pretty well and was surprised that I only had a year. Later in the week, we were contacting some lesbians (We didn't know they were lesbians when we started contacting them, and we gave them a law of chastity pamphlet at the end), and they asked if I knew English, which means they think I knew Spanish. I still don't feel super comfortable with it all the time. But I can talk with just about everybody, and I understand just about everything said and can express everything I want to say in one way or another. But in the next six months, I'm going to get to the point where I can speak like a Mexican- that's the goal, but well see how it goes.
I'm glad you always like my letters better and better, and you like them more every week. Because I feel like I am doing better each week. I'm not sure I will have a special edition one year anniversary letter next week, but I will be writing to you the 19th- the day before I complete a year!! So that should be pretty cool.
I hope you have patience for all of the children. I was reading in 1 John today, and it says that if any man doesn't love his fellow man, he doesn't love God, and doesn't walk in the light, but in darkness. It is a little strong, but it was something I was looking at because there are some people who don't get along very well and I'm thinking about planching them someday, because they are farisees. By the way, I'm not supposed to say planch or farisee, because they are slang words. My zone leaders are outlawing things like that. To clarify (I'm not sure we have talked about farisees- or is it pharisees in English?- before), farisees are missionaries that are like the farisees in the time of Christ, notable for their strict obedience to parts of the law that they like and their desires to be seen and glorified of men. But I'm cutting back on my evil slang words, so don't worry.
The coolest thing that happened this week was on Tuesday I got a letter from la familia Carranza from La Fama. They got baptized after I left, I'm sure I told you that, but they were telling me that they missed me and that they still remember me and that Bryan, the son of them, used a tie that I left him to pass the sacrament for the first time!!!! It made me feel super happy, because they are active and faithful, and I was able to play a part in helping them come to the church. Now there is another priesthood holder using that power and authority to help other people!! I loved it, and it made me super happy.
I hope you all have an awesome week and enjoy it. Life is good. Have fun, be happy, be Mormon, all that good stuff. I love all of you and will talk to you next Wednesday!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment