Monterrey

Monterrey

Monday, November 18, 2013

Pictures and More- Estanzuela- Week 5

That sounds like a cool thing about the temple and the music. (Our Bishop counseled us to visit the temple by the end of the year and to only listen to religious music or talks during our car time.) But that would be rough (I thought, before I realized that I have been doing that and far more for the last 8 months.) but I guess it is possible and good. And Packages, I have seen my birthday package, but lately they gave out a package and some crazy parent yelled at the mission office, because their kid got their Christmas package early, so I will have to wait until Christmas for both of them. And now I will send pictures. These first two are off the roof of a super fresa house in our area. I think La Sierra Madre is in the background of all of them. Me, Elder Slater, and the zone leaders who are in our branch. Elder Vega and Elder Reyes.



OK. our zone right now, El Cerro de la Silla(where I live, but taken from Paseo Santa Lucia) and a view of Cerro de Las Mitras (where I used to live taken from my current area).




Real zone picture, messed up the last one, and more pictures of mountains and then one of my desk in our house. The mountains are La Sierra Madre.




I hope you like the pictures. Also, about Maddie being a missionary. One of my zone leaders, Elder Vega (you can look for him in the fotos) is a really cool guy, He is from California, and I guess he listened to a ton of rap music and wasn't super Mormon before his mission, but he now says that he will only marry a ex-missionary. So in addition to learning a lot of stuff and being the first sister missionary ever in our family, Elder Vega is the first person I have really known out here that I think it would be cool if he married my sister. I don't know if that is weird or not, but anyway missions are cool, and I guess white girls are coming here some day, so maybe Maddie could come to Monterrey, too! 
This week has been really cool. There has been an increased importance placed on contacting, so we have been doing that more. And at first it was rough, but this week we really got going, and it was cool. I still wouldn't say I like just walking up to someones door and trying to talk to them about the gospel, but when we are actually doing it, it isn't so bad. It helps see what is so important about the gospel and how it can really apply to anybody and any situation. But that is about all the time I have. I love you guys and hope that the pictures make you happy and not yell at me. Talk to you again next Monday!! Love you BYE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment