Monterrey

Monterrey

Monday, October 14, 2013

Relevance Brings Revelation- La Fama- Week 12

(In the beginning of this letter, Mason is responding to all of my questions about his stitches that he talked about in his stitches last week.) I don't remember how many (stitches) I had, but there is hardly any scar now. We went to Cima Medical Center in San Pedro, which is super fresa (which litterely means strawberry, but is used to mean fancy and rich). The mission insurance covered all of it, and actually President Swapp took us there, because he was pretty close when we called him. I was passed out for less than 5 seconds, and I will have to tell you all about it later, because it wouldn't be as cool over email. I did have antibiotics, but not anymore, and yes I was eating nachos, for the first time in Mexico, I will have you know.
I don't even know what else to tell you. I'm just tired, because we worked all day trying to cut out this tree root, so that this lady can build stairs up to her house. At the end, we didn't even get it done, and we are just super tired, and I've got blisters on my fingers! And our hands are going to hurt so hard tomorrow when we have changes. And who knows where I will be tomorrow. My companion thinks I'm going to stay here and get a kid (In missionary lingo, that means to get a new missionary right out of the MTC). In fact, he and Elder Gonzalez have been pretending to rub my stomach and making baby noises to signify that I will be recieving a kid this next change. But who knows what will happen. I guess the changes are super impossibly hard to know with President Swapp. Because I guess everything was super easy with President Romney. So who knows?
Another thing is I super agree with you on the time thing. These last two changes have gone super fast and I'm sure they will keep going faster.
I honestly can't stop thinking about missionaries having a car. (I told him a story told in church about missionaries driving to their appointments.) I just can imagine it. It is crazy to think about. I also wonder what decides if a mission is going to have cars or not. I mean people are crazy drivers here, so maybe it is for that. Because I think that our ward is at least as big as our ward is in Las Vegas. So I don't know what's up with that, because I honestly want a car. Driving all the way up Chimalpapoca would be so much better than walking. But it is okay, because one day we were talking about that and an elder said that there are probably elders in Africa that are carrying machetes around and eating bugs for each tiny meal, so I'm not going to complain.
But let's see, what do we have going on here. Familia C. didn't go to church yesterday, so they won't be getting baptized this week, but R., the father, has a cigarette problem, so this time will probably help them anyway. Also we did divisions and my comp decided that N and J weren't going to progress or something, but he probably just didn't want to walk over there any more, so if I'm here I will go and check them out and see what's up. Oh, something cool that I learned this week is that I have gotten a lot better at teaching people, not lessons. That is a "fundamentel" or something. Something that I have learned with my companions is how to look more for the needs of investigators and apply the teaching to that. So that they realize how important this whole gospel thing is for them. Somebody said once, relevance brings revelation. I can't remember if that was from a prophet or apostle, or if it was just a MTC teacher, but it is good. So I share it with you. And I also want to tell you that I love you and will talk to you in a week, but who knows where I will be writing from. Bye!!!!!

Here are some pictures of Mason
Eating his first nachos in Mexico... in 7-11

With Hermana Sanchez' daughter

With Hermana Sanchez at the Monterrey temple


Note the stitches

With Elder Diaz




No comments:

Post a Comment