Monterrey

Monterrey

Monday, June 10, 2013

A Lot More Like a Missionary- Real de Palmas- Week 5

That is really cool about President Monson, because we saw some of the funeral service for his wife at a member's house one day, and he looked a little rough, but it is good to hear that he is doing good things.(This is in response to part of my letter to him: "Today in testimony meeting, Bishop told about a little boy in our ward who had the near drowning in the pool two months ago and some of the miracles that have surrounded him and his slow recovery. One of the things that he shared was that 3 weeks ago, Bishop got a phone call from President Monson's secretary asking about the little boy. President Monson wanted to know how he was doing. Then a week later, the office of the First Presidency called him to check up on him again. That is amazing to me that with the millions of people in our church, the prophet would want to know about a little 6 year old boy and his family. I know that the Lord cares about each of us and is mindful of our needs, but things like this just help me to see it a little clearer sometimes.")
It is hot here. Today we walked outside at like 9:30, and it was already super hot. We never have any idea, because we don't check the weather, and if we saw it it would be in Celsius, but it is hot, so you can trust me on that.
We don't do a ton of service, but we always ask the people we visit if they need any help, and they always say no. I don't think I'm getting too skinny, but some of the members have commented, but I feel the same, so I'll be fine. I just need to tell them I'm feasting on the scriptures, and I don't need their worldly food.
Since you always want stories I might have a few. Yesterday we did divisions with some of the members here, because we had a ton of references to contact. I took Hyrum, a 16 year old and Javier who is like 30 or something, and we went out and contacted 5 of them. But we walked forever, and the other two guys didn't even talk at all. One of the people we talked to asked if they spoke Spanish too, and another guy thought Hyrum was from the U.S., too. The other couple of people probably didn't even realize they were there, and the whole experience made me feel a lot more like a missionary and a lot more confidant in my Spanish.
Also Mario Z. went to church the other day. We went by earlier in the week, and I told him about the King Benjamin people and how after they felt the spirit, they made a covenant and changed and then I went to Alma 5 where he asks the people if they can feel so now, and I asked him, and he said he always felt good and peaceful and calm when we were there or when he reads the Book of Mormon or stuff like, that so we were like, awesome, great answer! So then he went to church and had a great time, and everything is going to go awesome.
I'm going to send some pictures today, but I'll say goodbye to you now. I love you, mom, and all of the family and hope that you all have a good time with moving and with finishing school and everything. I'm having a great time here, so you don't need to worry about me. I love you all, peace out!
Love, Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment