I'm not sending my picture again, because we are still short on time, so we aren't in our normal ciber. I don't trust this one with my pictures, so you will have to wait. But this is a picture of most of the zone, at least when we went to the temple.
So, last week, I think it was Monday, we were walking around at the top of the mountain. And we saw this house that was the last one all the way up at the top. And I wanted to go and talk to them. And the house looks kind of different. And so we climb up, and as we get to it, a lady is washing her clothes out in front of the house, and she tells us to come on in. And we are a little startled, because that doesn't usually happen. So we asked if she had talked to missionaries before, and it turns out they are all less active members. Well, that first day we met this lady and her mom. And later, we wanted to come back and meet more of them, so I think it was Tuesday, when we went back, and met this guy named Eder. Eder is the son of the first lady that we met. He is 23 or 24 and is really interesting. He practices something called alchemy. You can look it up on wikipedia, I'm sure, but it is basically this weird mix of science and magic. He talks to people about their health problems, and then helps them to "channel their energy" to heal themselves. It isn't quite as apostate as it sounds, but I have only received a brief explanation of it. But anyway. Eder is really interesting and interested in coming back to church. The first thing he asked us is who is Jonothan Smith? And we explained to him all about prophets and the Restoration and all of that, and he was ok with it all, so we have been back a few times now, and he has started reading the Book of Mormon, and he says he is coming to church next week and everything. He is a really cool guy and is really really smart. He is probably one of those people that are too smart. So it is lucky that he got into his alchemy and now he is getting back into the church, because otherwise he would probably be a drug dealer. But his whole family is really interesting. He has a brother named Ary, or something like that, who break dances. He's 22, and we only met him once, but he is really cool, but break dances all night, so I guess him going to church is going to be hard. They also have a sister that is 15 and lifts weights. She isn't baptized, so things look good on that front, and she also really listens to us when we are there. There is also the "wife" of Eder. I try to put quotation marks around the "wife," because they aren't married; they just live together. In that way, they are like all of the people that live up on the hill. But other than that they are totally different. Normally, the people that live up there live in little tiny cinder block houses and work in la obra, which is construction, building other cinder block houses. And they spend all their free time and money on alcohol. Fun fact: they sell these liter or bigger bottles of alcohol here that are called cawumbas. That is how it is pronounced. I have now idea how it is spelled, and apparently they are so called, because there is a type of large sea turtles called that too. But anyway. These people are different, and right now are super excited about coming back to church, so I will keep you updated on their progress. But that is all the time this week And next week, I promise I will send you the picture of me next to the big naked statue. But for now, I love you all, and I hope that you have fun doing all of your things and that you enjoy all of your lives. I will talk to you all next week BYE!!!!!!!!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment